Lia Weisbecker-Lotz

Email Lia Weisbecker-Lotz

Articles

Underrated Female Video Game Streamers

Growing up playing a lot of video games, I noticed the lack of female representation to be a regular issue in the gaming community. Even now, a majority of gamers that I watch are men, and I hate that.  There are a lot of women who play video games but aren’t often given the opportunity to be seen without judgment— or at all. I want to start trying to change not only the lack of support for female gamers but the idea that it’s so easy for them to be successful. Therefore,  here is my list of underrated female streamers in the gaming community.

Artist of the Month: Black Punk Bands

February is Black History Month and for a while now, I’ve wanted to write about Black punk bands. Black punk bands help spread not only a form of education as to what the Black community is going through, but also offer each other a sense of belonging in a largely white community. 

Artist of the Month: Black Punk Bands

February is Black History Month and for a while now, I’ve wanted to write about Black punk bands. Punk has always been a community meant for those angry at the world, for screaming for change, for the chance to be heard, and most importantly, to be able to be themselves without backlash. Even so, after my last article on female punk bands, I realized that punk has not been so perfect at making sure everyone is heard and appreciated. But it’s the groups that aren’t as heard that are the most important to listen to. Black punk bands help spread not only a form of education as to what the Black community is going through, but also offer each other a sense of belonging in a largely white community. 

The Coven S7E7: Female Tropes in TV

Welcome back to another episode of the Coven! In this episode, join in as we dive into female tropes in TV and movies! Tune in as we discuss why tropes are harmful, how it limits women's opportunities in film, and cover a couple of prominent examples of female tropes in media! Hosts: Shwetha Sundarrajan & Lia Weisbecker-Lotz Edited by: Lia Weisbecker-Lotz Graphic by: Lia Weisbecker-Lotz

Valentine’s Day: A New Perspective

I love celebrating Valentine’s Day, but not for the reasons most people do. For many, Valentine’s Day is about spending the day with their significant other, showering them in love and care. For me, it’s about expressing my love and appreciation for my friends, family, and myself.

Artist of the Month: Female Punk Bands

Growing up, punk music always had a special place in my heart. It offered me a way to let out all of my built-up emotions and frustrations. Recently; however, I noticed that all the punk music I had been listening to growing up consisted of all-male bands. Which disappointed me, because I knew that there must be bands full of women who are also furious at the world and at how they’re treated. Women who also had an attitude and humor that was so commonly a part of punk. Here are some female bands I found that shared even more viewpoints on music, the world, and what punk really means to them.  

Top Underrated Indie Switch Games

Three years ago, the Nintendo Switch was released, and it quickly became one of the company’s most popular home consoles. However, one aspect of the Switch that was less marketed was the company’s decision to let indie game developers publish and port their games to the console. This has given a variety of indie games a chance at a wider audience and greater acknowledgment for their work. Here is a list of the top underrated indie games.